Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Prayer should flow from the heart.





When praying, don't worry about using the right words. Speak from the heart, it will guide you. What you feel makes the impact, not what you say.

Several people have told me lately,  "I don't know if I'm praying right." or  "I don't know how or what words to use."  Praying should be simple, effortless and flow from the heart. 

Sometimes just a visual impression is all that's needed. In fact, I will many times just envision someone in a burst of white light. That to me means they are in Gods hands or they are in divine light.  Knowing they are protected and under the guidance of God is all that matters in some cases and it's all that's needed. 
   
We don't even need to speak words to pray. Our connection with Spirit, God or the Universe is that direct.

One last thought...
When you give something or someone to God then leave it. Don't keep taking it back because then you are interfering and not trusting. 

Every time you think about it or the person, tell yourself "I gave it to God, it's in his care."

...then let go and trust.