Friday, July 26, 2013

Do Animals Wear Watches?

Every day at 3:00 p.m., either myself or my daughter, faithfully place a combination of nuts, (unsalted, walnuts and peanuts in their shell), along the fence in my backyard for our little, squirrel friend to eat. 


When I’m out of town, I place someone on "Nut Duty," and I leave very specific nut instructions along with a note, "Nuts Here," in the exact location where our friend likes to eat his afternoon snack.

Well, today, I was late getting home and the nuts were not out and in place exactly at 3:00 p.m. 

Much to my surprise when I was in my living room, I felt like I was being watched.  It was my little, squirrel friend peering from my window in a laser gaze.  He stared me down with an undeniable look that asked, “Where’s my nuts?!”  

Naturally, I dropped what I was doing and gathered his treat and delivered it to him - much to his expectation and delight. 

If I didn't know better, I'd say that animals wear watches....