Sunday, July 14, 2013

Intuitive Criminal Investigation

I’m often asked questions about current affairs, especially when the news centers around crime.  People want to know if I get information about cases – cold or otherwise.  And the answer is, “Yes,” I often do get information about a case.  However, I choose not to publicize the information about active cases under investigation for several reasons.

When there is an active investigation around a sensitive situation, like the recent one involving Terry Dewayne Smith, I prefer to give my information to the investigators directly looking into the case. 

These professionals could include the police department, specific detectives, or the FBI. 
I follow a 'chain-of-command' because I do not know if the people handling the investigation have released, or want to release, the information that I have to give.  I also don’t want information misinterpreted if it is published. 

Just because I feel someone might be a “person of interest” does not mean they are guilty of the crime.  They just may know something, and they may not even know they know something, useful to the case.  Plus, I don’t want to upset family and friends of the person or people involved with the case.

In regard to the Terry Dewayne Smith investigation, I spoke in length with my media consultant about the information I was receiving.  I was kept up all night by it.  So I called the investigation’s tip line the next morning and then sent an email to my colleague:


When I first saw the news with the missing autistic boy, Terry Dewayne SmithI saw him with a young man with dark hair. I get that Terry willingly went with the young man and it was someone he knew. Terry had no fear of the person. I get that Terry is dead and it was done the evening he went missing Saturday nightHis remains are around the vicinity of his property. I feel the brother knows more than he is leading on. I called the Menifee Police Dept and left a message on their recording that  I'm a psychic, medium in the LA area and that I received a few hits on Terry while watching the news. I haven't gotten a call back. I could try to call and talk to a dispatcher but I'm not sure if I should.
Over an hour went by.  I followed up my first email with a second one, again, to my colleague.  I was so antsy and wanted to give the information I had to someone relevant to the case but I wasn't sure how to get past the tip line.
 I need to call Bob then will check your email. I'm extremely anxious.  I know it is what I am picking up from the case.  As if you need to do something to stay busy because you know something is wrong but you do things to keep your physical body and mind busy so it doesn't have to feel or think.I believe this what the perpetrator is feeling.Find line between providing information and capitalizing on someone's misfortune.
My media consultant found a letter issued by the city’s mayor’s office on-line and forwarded my information via e-mail to the person whose name and contact information was on the press release.

Neither myself or my colleague know if my information was read or acted upon.  What we do know is that shortly after my email was sent, the brother was arrested and a body turned up close to the house.