Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Why do our lives have to be perfect in order to achieve our desires and our goals?





 I do this myself and I hear from others, "oh, when I get my life in order" or  "when I take care of this obstacle" or  "when I retire"  THEN!  I can go back to school, then I can start going to the gym,  then I can follow my dream as a musician, a writer, etc.
 For me, my house and my desk had to be organized before I could sit down and write, as if the creative juices only flow when my house and desk are clean. Yes, I must say it does help to feel good about our environment, and our surroundings can help us to settle into our new goal, help us get into that "right mindset",  But we don't need to create that perfect situation as we think we do. It's more a matter of allowing ourselves to feel uncomfortable and flexible as we are creating a new way of life, a new journey.
 Fear speaks to us in so many forms and it all comes back to one thing, self doubt and/or low self esteem. We see life as an illusion, "I’ll be ready to do that when…”  But the truth is, there probably isn’t a really good, or prefect time to start or prepare ourselves for a new journey of self-discovery and renewal. We're usually just afraid that we can't do it, or what will it cost me, or afraid of the unknown.
 Perhaps it is that change can require a new form of discipline, you to be responsible for your own needs, and the decisions that you make. As for the unknown, we have no idea, really, what the future holds for us, but we can have a sense of empowerment when we are contributing to the fulfillment of our lives and maybe even being an inspiration to others. As for what we may lose, it can only be what wasn't working for us to begin with, or what we have out grown.   I believe we just have to jump in and let the road take us were we are suppose to go.
 Well, my house is still not organized, my desk looks like a tornado hit it, my hair is not done, my cat Missy is laying on my keyboard wanting my attention, yet here I am, feeling inspired and creating. I'm now off to blow dry my hair and hit the gym. I guess a little perfection won't hurt. But I'm still going to throw caution to the wind and leave my hair a little messy.