Friday, May 16, 2014

Found Injured Pigeon in Toluca Lake




 Injured homing pigeon found in Toluca Lake









May 16, 2014

Update and intuitive information on injured bird.

What I received INTUITIVELY  from this guy.

I felt injury to the chest area. A heaviness in breast bone or chest cavity, above the ribs.
I got possibly torn ligaments in the pectoral muscles or a strain on the pectoral muscles Update and intuitive information on injured bird.

What I received INTUITIVELY  from this guy.

I felt injury to the chest area. A heaviness in breast bone or chest cavity, above the ribs.
I got possibly torn ligaments in the pectoral muscles or a strain on the pectoral muscles that caused debilitation in the wings so that he can not fly.  (I don't know if the inability to fly is permanent of temporary.)

 This makes sense to me, if there is an injuring to the pectoral muscles that would create pain and weakness in any movement of the wings,  it would effect the little guy in hopping or walking rapidly since he would be extending his wing muscles, even the slightest, in any type of physical movement.

PLEASE NOTE:
 I DON'T  KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF A BIRD. THE INFORMATION I PROVIDED IS BASED ON WHAT I PICKED UP PSYCHICALLY.
THE INTERPRETATIONS ARE BASED ON THE IMPRESSIONS I RECEIVED FROM THE BIRD.

UPDATE FROM VETS OFFICE:
As of this morning---
the pigeon is still eating and drinking good.
The vet is giving subcutaneous fluids and keeping him in an incubator.
The vet is suppose to call me today with an update.

I did contact the owner but he has not made an effort to contact vets office yet.
If the owner doesn't come though for his bird then the bird, depending on the outcome will be released to me and I will need to find him a home.

This is premature but if anyone thinks they may be interested in providing a good home for this guy, if it's necessary, please contact me.


May 15,2014


Update on injured pigeon.
 I believe we found the owner if it's the person the pigeon is registered to. They have not contacted me yet.
I took the bird to Dr. Attila Molnar, All Animals Veterinary Hospital in Calabasas
The bird can not fly and there's no diagnosis yet.

May 12, 2014
Injured Pigeon!
I found an injured pigeon in Toluca Lake at 6:15 this evening. It's a homing pigeon. It has a green band on one leg and a blue band on the other leg.
I can't see anything physically wrong with him but I need to find a rescue that will take him. 
He can take little steps but can't walk fast nor can he land on his feet.
I can take him to the 
California Wildlife Center but I would love to have a place close to Glendale. 
If anyone knows of a location please let me know.
In the mean time please pray that this little guy is okay.