Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A WHOLE NEW LIFE

creating positive memories from change....

I just had lunch with a dear friend. His whole world is upside down, lots of changes.
From people making a transition and assisting them and their families in the process, including help with their pets.

He and his wife sold their businesses and are getting ready to sell their house and move to
Northern California to be close to their daughter that has had to deal with a significant health issue.

I was so impressed with how well he was embracing change,  being in the moment, for the moment.  Being very aware that at any second that his whole world could change by a mere phone call from his daughter or  one of the people in his life that is in hospice.   

He told me, "you know, I can't do anything about the transitions that are taking place, so I have to make the best of it."  He had sparkling brown eyes and this beautiful boyish smile that lit up his face as he was sharing this with me.  

Not once did he say... "Why me? Why my child? Why is my friend passing at such a young age?"   In every scenario that he shared with me today, he took snapshots of humor to make something that was hard to deal with or unbearable, bearable and heartwarming;
creating positive memories he will hold forever.

Not only that, he and his wife are embracing this change, relocation, taking time off of work as they create a new life for themselves as an adventure, starting over. Not rebuilding their lives,  Rebuilding is taking something that has be broken and reconstructing it
No, they are making a WHOLE NEW LIFE FOR THEMSELVES.

I am so honored to be a part of this persons life! He is an inspiration beyond belief!
 I am in deep gratitude for how blessed I am to have someone like this guy teach me how to embrace TRANSITION AND RESPONSIBILITY!
And to do it graciously!